Re: Socket handling?

From: Kenneth G. Cavness (stargoat@mids.org)
Date: 07/08/96

On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, Trey T. Morita wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Jul 1996, ed wrotniewski wrote:
>
> > Can anyone reccomend a good book to get which covers socket handling,
> > incoming sockets, etc?
>
> I have "Using C on the Unix System" by David A. Curry, published by
> O'reilly and Associates, decent book, ~200 pages, nothing in depth, but
> simple examples programs you can work off of.
>
> You might also look in the commenting for comm.c, I recall Jeremy refers
> to a book by ?Andrew Stevens? in there several times with respect to
> socket issues.

You might also want to look at _Practical Internetworking with TCP/IP_,
for a more comprehensive discussion regarding socket handling and other
matters of Internet applications development. Co-authored by John S.
Quarterman and Smoot Carl-Mitchell, published by Addison Wesley in their
Open Systems series, I believe. If pressed, I can provide the ISBN
number.

--
Kenneth G. Cavness                  |   http://www.mids.org/~stargoat
Assistant Editor                    |   http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~cavness