Re: Kinda_topic :(

From: Ron Hensley (ron@peace.dmv.com)
Date: 07/09/96

> > How do i get the pinum of my mud after i have run it in the background ?
> >
> > I started it and didn't know the levels were changed <is imping with another>
> > ands i am level 34 but imp is 54 :( so i can't change level or reboot :(
> >
> > thanks
> > malcor
> >
> Just type killall autorun at your unix shell. That's force it to shut down.

Some flavors of unix dont have killall though.
If its not there, do a:
 ps -ax | grep autorun
that will show you the PID of the process.
Then do a:
 kill -9 PID

If you are on like IRIX then it would be:
  ps -elf | grep autorun

killall is beautifull if youve got it though

    *   Ron Hensley                     ron@dmv.com                   *
    *   Junior Systems Administrator    http://www.dmv.com/~ron       *
    *   DelMarVa OnLine                 749-1111 Ext. 403             *