Re: MSVC++/Diffs and patching

From: R. Seth Trotman (sfd@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 07/10/96

Uh, well. . .as one of your coders, Jeff. . .
Winzip 6.1 works great to extract tar and gzip/gunzip files, though
I haven't used it to create them.  The gnu_diff works well for me,
I just change to the mud directory and diff src master~1 > patch.txt.
Don't have an answer on patching, though.  Visual diff/merge only
does a single file at a time, as I can see.  I'll let ya know if I can
find anything out there. :-)

Oh!  the only problem I see with gnu diff on a Win95 box is that it
doesn't support long filenames.  But, that's easy enough to edit
by hand. :-)

See ya on!

Seth