Re: COmmand Interpreters

From: Skylar (skylar@ifconfig.intserv.com)
Date: 07/11/96

On Wed, 10 Jul 1996, Brian Christopher Guilbault wrote:

> > code and how it performs.  I suggest rewriting the whole command
> > interpreter if you already haven't.  The way it has been defaultly setup
> > in circlemud code is very un-workable.
>
> This is not the first time I've heard of people completely rewriting
> their command interpreters. I am just curious as to what you do
> differently. I am not asking people to post code, I am just curious as to
> what additions/deletions you made or what sort of restructuring you did.
> It seems that many of you aout there have done it.

This is not a comment on people who wish to change the command
interpreter, just my 2 cents... I find the interpreter pretty well
written and easy to add to/modify...  I added my event system using the
stuff already in place... the SUBCMD's with extremely little extra code
involved beyond the basic event engine itself...

-Sky