Re: your mail

From: Alex (3raf7@qlink.queensu.ca)
Date: 07/11/96

On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira wrote:
> I've seen in many zones that they call for an 'undead' spec_proc, what
> should this do? what does it imply? What should an 'undead' mob do
> (besides going around the places doing 'mmmmmmhhhhmmmm' and the like)?

Well, since I've written a couple of public zones that call for them...
I figure I might have a decent idea of what you can put into one... (=

On VieMud we had an interesting/amusing undead procedure... it had parts
where the mob would go 'mmmmmmmm' (or whatever), and this would instill
fear in all the listeners unless their wisdom was so high, and they were
a high enough level and not damaged and not of a certain class...
whatever.  Another case would have the creature lose a chunk of its body,
and some hit points to match.  It'd just up and drop off.  Yet another
had the undead creature healing itself almost totally.  There was a
clubbing attack it did and so forth.

Now... Abandonned Cathedral Zone by C.A.W. was a little more different
when we put that one in... all of the evil undead creature would attack
good players, but happily ignore evil ones, whereas the good undead would
do the opposite.  Both would attack those neutrals tho'... (=

Hope that helps out a bit... (=

--
Erm... Yeah.  Whatever.