Re: NO_REMOVE problem

From: Niese-Petersen (Tenp@cris.com)
Date: 07/11/96

On Thu, 11 Jul 1996, Linebacker wrote:

> I added an object stat, ITEM_NO_REMOVE, which, obviously prevents a char from
> removing the item. The only way it can be removed is with a spell I have
> yet to code and of course dying. However, I added the following code to check
> for the flag;
>
> if (IS_OBJ_STAT(obj, ITEM_NO_REMOVE)) {
>    act("You can't remove that for some reason.", FALSE, ch, obj, 0, TO_CHAR);
>    return;
>    }

Place it in perform_remove which is (normally) right before the do_remove
function [In act.item.c].  Maybe an idea to tell the character what item
they couldn't remove.

like: [Right after the check of eq. position. So 'obj' is assigned]

if (IS_OBJ_STAT(obj, ITEM_NO_REMOVE)) {
   act("You can't remove $p for some reason.", FALSE, ch, obj, 0, TO_CHAR);
   return;
}

---
Erik Niese-Petersen
Aka Quint the Typo God
Realms of Darkness IMP. [matrix.xiii.com 6666.  Playertesting]