SIGVTALRM signal ...

From: KLA (anata@iastate.edu)
Date: 07/12/96

Hi guys ...

I got a problem with my MUD (based on circlebpl8+LostLand)
somehow, the MUD will terminate itself around 3-5 minutes

I tried to use gdb and
it only said that the program terminated with SIGVTALRM signal ...

I looked in the comm.c, before 'my_signal(SIGVTALRM, checkpointing)'
it said

"set up the  deadlock-protection so that the MUD aborts itself if it
gets caught in an infinite loop for more  than 3 minutes"

can anyone gimme a hint on how to track down which loop that triggered
the SIGVTALRM signal that terminated the program ??

    //   /     | Antonius Nata |                                    \
   |    | Email: anata@iastate.edu                                   |
   |    | URL  : http://www.todico.com                               |

   |    |             "Christus Rex et Redemptor Mundi"              |
   \\   \ "Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again!"|