Re: imms and no-magic rooms

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 07/15/96

On Mon, 15 Jul 1996, Mark McArthey wrote:

> This, and other things like it have annoyed me.  One thing that I can
> think of having changed is the ability for imms to drop cursed items.
> I find it ridiculous that imms have problems with some simple things
> such as this.  I know there are other situations like this, but I have
> yet to find them all.  Perhaps others could post their findings to allow
> everyone to change their code?  At least the implementor level should
> be allowed these simple conveniences.

I used to have a list of little things like that but I must have
misplaced it.  One thing that comes to mind is that when morts are having
skill problems sometimes you have to snoop them to see their skills and
what they've practiced.  I fixed that by making this small change to
do_practice.

Change:

  if(*arg)
    send_to_char("You can only practice skills in your guild.\r\n", ch);

  if(*arg) {
    if(GET_LEVEL(ch) >= LVL_IMMORT) {
      if(!(vict = get_target_vis(ch, arg))) {
	send_to_char(NOPERSON, ch);
	return;
      }
      list_skills(ch, vict);
      return;
    }
    send_to_char("You can only practice skills in your guild.\r\n", ch);
  }

Just a small convenience.

Sam