Re: Old Solutions

From: Ryan A.J. Biggs (ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca)
Date: 07/15/96

>    The code that allows you to multiple thing as one with a number beside it
>    For example:
>       The beastly fido is mucking ..
>       The beastly fido is mucking ..
>       The beastly fido is mucking ..
>
>    Instead you  see
>
>       [3] The beastly fido is mucking ..

I know there is a version of this for items, but I never saw one for mobs
(and if there is one, PLEASE send me a copy)

> Next does anyone have the code that combines junk and drop, which allows
> newbie eq to be instantly junk when it is dropped...

If you know what you are doing, just make a newbie item flag
(ITEM_NEWBIE) and then in act.obj.c (or whatever it's called in patch 11)
modify the function that places items on the ground so that they vanish
if they have that flag.  I like that idea, and I will probably write a
bit of code for it, so if you can wait, I will post it.

Ryan A.J. Biggs    email-ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca
Doppleganger, Charon the Boatman and member of Dieties Anonymous
Owner of a 100% organic wibble and Plasma lamp, and rubber chicken
Keeper of the sacred butcher knife and the Cloak of Shadows
Compiler of the Net.Psionics.Handbook