Re: offtopic... PKILLING

From: Limratana (wlimrata@merlin.cc.manhattan.edu)
Date: 07/17/96

On Tue, 16 Jul 1996, Brian Pape wrote:

> > I was thinking of allowing pkilling on my mud... But I was thinking of a
> > system that would prevent player from attacking another player that was
> > say more than 10 levels below them, coming back saying somthing like
> > "They are too puny to bother with!", or sumthin.  I would like the system
> > to work only for initiating an attack sequence.  So if a stupid newbie
> > decides to attack someone higher than 10 levels above them, the higher
> > level person would be able to fight back.
> >
> > Any feedback on this?  or possibly a way of implementing it?

	Though I don't have an answer for your code, you also might
consider people who try to steal and do other kinds of attack provoking
actions.  Say for instance, that newbie now knows that players higher
then level 10 will be able to attack back, so then he tries stealing from
them to get them to automatically initiate the attack.