Moving to a different OS

From: Linebacker (linebacker@microlink.net)
Date: 07/17/96

I am moving my mud to it's permanent site in a few weeks, and was wondering
what all I need to do. It is on a Linux system now and is going to SUN OS,
(4.5 I believe) Is it a good idea to rerun configure and recompile my modified
code or start with a new version? Is it possible I will get a ration of errors
from the code somehow? (I mean would some code in linux compile that might not
under sun OS, maybe a pickier compiler or something?)

What I want to do is just unzip/untar a cherry version of circle, (my circle dir
is messier than my room so i wanna clean house the easy way) dump my source
files into the /src dir and then compile.

Any suggestions?

Chuck