Mob hunting changes

From: Ryan A.J. Biggs (ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca)
Date: 07/17/96

I am trying to work on a system where ewhen a mob is hunting a player,
and a door gets in the way, the mob will a>try and pick the door, b> cast
a spell to get through the door, or c> just open it.  Any ideas on how to
do this?  (my mobs will have skills, so it will be a matter of forcing
the mob to do a command)

Next, I am alkso trying to implement it so that if a mob hits a piece of
land it can't travel on (water, air, etc) that it will try and get there
somehow (nothing elaborate as hunting down someeone to buy a boat from,
but at least spells)  I found that was a problem once when I had 5-6 mobs
chasing me around the MUD, and I travelled around the Midgaard river,
they never followed, and never stopped tracking me.  (And having every
King on the MUD chasing you is kinda fun (Minos, Welmar, Black & White
Chess))

Also, a little question about tracking and hunting.  If a mob finds a
trail to a player with a NOTRACK room in between, does the algorithm
search for a new route?

Ryan A.J. Biggs    email-ae744@freenet.toronto.on.ca
Doppleganger, Charon the Boatman and member of Dieties Anonymous
Owner of a 100% organic wibble and Plasma lamp, and rubber chicken
Keeper of the sacred butcher knife and the Cloak of Shadows
Compiler of the Net.Psionics.Handbook