Re: *NEWBIE* Wearing off messages

From: Eric L. Helvey (helver@newwave.net)
Date: 07/18/96

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Carlos Rodriguez wrote:

>   static struct char_data *i;
<blah>
> >               	send_to_char("The flying spell is wearing off.", ch);
> >	                send_to_char("The waterwalk spell is wearing off.", ch);
>
>   How can I correct this mistake?

send_to_char("blah", i);

Helver

From Tyler_Wilhite@clr.com 18 Jul 96  9:29:23 EDT
From: Tyler Wilhite/FASTTAX <Tyler_Wilhite@clr.com>
To: circle <circle@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject: Re:2 questions
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 96 09:29:00
Sender: owner-circle@pvv.ntnu.no

 First I have taken every zone out of my circle 3.0 bp 11 except 30, 0, and
>> 12..
>> All I did was edit the index files and take out special assigns where
needed.
>> I'm using obuild and I do a zlist rooms and it says there are no rooms,
which I
>> am walking around in. I was figuring the reason the rooms were not showing
up
>> is because of the rooms in my zone that were suppost to be connected to
other
>> rooms, which I have now taken out.. like concourse and middgaard.. midgaard
and
>> sewers etc.  I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this.

>I'm not sure I understand what you're describing, but if you're standing
>in the zone you want a list on, and zlist rooms shows no rooms, zstat the
>zone and make sure the top vnum is correct (normally 1299 for zone 12, etc).

>Sam

I went into zone 30.  I was editing it.  I just tried to type zlist room
again.  Still it said there were not any rooms.  I typed zstat and it said
Warning, the room you are in doesn't belong to any zone in memory.
Well, I won't confuse anyone with what I think, I will just tell you what i
see.
I hope someone can help me with this problem.  Because right now noone can edit
any of the rooms.

Thanks,
Tyler