Re: Problem with teleport & redit

From: Brad Johnson (nightwlf@snark.wizard.com)
Date: 07/18/96

On Thu, 18 Jul 1996, Brad Johnson wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I've done a large amount of editing on my bpl11 code, and have added in
> the teleport code, as well as the OasisOLC code.  Editing an existing room
> causes no problems, but now when I attempt to create a new room, it
> crashes on the following line:
>
> #0  0x5b904 in redit_disp_menu (d=0x144000) at redit.c:537
>   (537)    sprintbit(room->tele->mask, teleport_bits, buf3);
>
> #1  0x5a142 in redit_setup_new (d=0x144000) at redit.c:71
> #2  0x4c16e in do_olc (ch=0x143400, argument=0xbffff88d " 5001", cmd=209,
>     subcmd=0) at olc.c:213
> #3  0x402ad in command_interpreter (ch=0x143400,
>     argument=0xbffff888 "redit 5001") at interpreter.c:664
> #4  0x20ee in game_loop (mother_desc=3) at comm.c:609
> #5  0x1648 in init_game (port=9000) at comm.c:248
> #6  0x153e in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffc70) at comm.c:218
>
> Any ideas for this, or anything else that a person would need to solve it?
> I'm sure it's some bonehead mistake I made earlier, but I can't find it
> for the life of me.

Nevermind, it WAS a boneheaded mistake, placed some code in the wrong
place...

Brad Johnson
nightwlf@wizard.com

From goamkows@kirk.geog.sc.edu Thu, 18 Jul 96 14:49:34 EDT
From: goamkows <goamkows@kirk.geog.sc.edu>
To: circle <circle@pvv.ntnu.no>
Subject: Re: New Class
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 96 14:49:00
Sender: owner-circle@pvv.ntnu.no

:P This got me thinking.  Would it be possible to associate the fighter
:P class with the knight class?  What is mean is this:  Since the knight
:P will (for example) have all of the skills of a standard fighter, plus
:P maybe some extras - would there be a way to do away with all of the
:P checks (GET_CLASS(ch) != CLASS_KNIGHT) and avoid having to put them
:P throughout the code?

yeah, write your code in C++ and make classes objects :)
the four basic classes become the base objects, and other classes can
be derived from them.  this would even make multi-classing fairly
easy, come to think of it, since you can have more than one base
object (if i understand correctly, i'm still learning C++ :)