Methods for using external files

From: Mark McArthey (mcarthey@mfa.com)
Date: 07/23/96

Hi all,

A few of the code snippets and ideas that have come through lately
have been based on the idea of using an external file for data
storage (language dictionary, spellbooks).  Personally, I don't see
an efficient method to implement something like this without causing
the CPU to work overtime.  Has anyone given any thought to this dilemma,
or perhaps has implemented a method for quickly accessing external
data files?

I would love to hear about it.  I'm always interested in hearing about
more efficient ways to do things.

Thanks much!

 Mark McArthey          `  _ ,  '
 mcarthey@execpc.com   -  (o)o)  -