Re: BUG: Obuild.06 mset

From: Sammy (samedi@clark.net)
Date: 07/23/96

On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, William Elwartowski 4556 wrote:

> Mset in obuild has another bug.  when you type mset hitpoints 10d10+10
> you get in mstat
[snip]
> I am not sure where the problem really is.  Any help would be appreciated

The reason for the confusion is that when a mob is just a prototype
(think of mob protos as the twinkle in their daddies' eyes), its
hitpoints aren't a single number, but rather three numbers: number of hit
dice, size of the dice, and a +hitpoint value.  Instead of making three
extra variables to hold these, they're stored in the mob's hit, mana, and
move spots (with maxhit set to -1 so the mud knows the numbers are dice
variables).

When you mstat with no argument, it stats the mob in your edit buffer
without actually loading a copy of the mob, so it's still got the screwed
up values. A change in obuild .05 was supposed to fix that but in my rush
to get it released I made a mistake in it and never got around to fixing
it (among other things).

Anyway, it's just an error in presentation.  The mob will have the stats
you give it, but if you mstat the buffer mob, it just won't look right.

Sam