Re: Question about mobs fighting each other

From: Chi Hoai Tran (necro@progsoc.uts.edu.au)
Date: 07/23/96

On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, Mud Admin wrote:

> I want to have my MOBs attack and kill each other, as well as PCs. For
> example, the aggressive_evil citygaurds would keep out evil NPCs as well
> as evil PCs. Nice theory, huh?

   You have to make sure that the mobs that attack each other SHOULD
   be able to hurt each other.  For example, if one mob is a shopkeeper
   and the other starts attacking the shopkeeper, then the fight
   will loop until the mud autokills.
   So make a check like
     if (!can_damage_shopkeeper) {  /* or whatever it was */
       STOP_FIGHTING(ch);
       STOP_FIGHTING(vict);
       }

   Thats just the general thing..make sure there is no eternal loops.

   Ciao.

   Horus.

   Dark Realms @  ftoomsh.socs.uts.edu.au 5000