Re: adding new char specs

From: Stephen (root@heller.tcimet.net)
Date: 07/23/96

On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, Angela Loos wrote:

> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 14:22:37 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Angela Loos <angela@more.net>
> To: circle <circle@pvv.ntnu.no>
> Subject: adding new char specs
>

> Can anyone tell me if there is some way to put a new variable to hold a
> character string in the (saved) character file. The only place i have
> discovered (after much routing around) is in player_special_data_saved,
> in the spares for future expansions. this only allows for unsigned chars,
> ints, and longs.
>
> Thanks :)
>
> Angela Loos
> email - angela@more.net
> phone - (573)884-7211
>
>  \o/   \o        __|    \ /     |__        o _  \o/  _ o

You don't have to use one of the spares... you can just stick in a new
char type variable if you wish to hold what you wish..  If you do that
though, you will have to :
a) delete your pfile and start afresh or
b) write a simple converter to do convert the old pfile into the new format.

Stephen
   aka
      Terrock - The Wanderer