Re: [Circle] Editor?

From: Niese-Petersen (Tenp@cris.com)
Date: 07/25/96

On Thu, 25 Jul 1996, Eric L. Helvey wrote:

> Personally (My OWN opinion), I prefer writing and editing objects using
> vi.  I feel like it takes me 10 key strokes to edit something, or god forbid
> I'm just fixing a typo and have to rewrite the entire desc.
>
> I feel like I can write the stuff faster, have more control over the records,
> edit easier, and have more knowledge of the structure of the records using
> an editor than using OLC or some off-line creation program.  But then again,
> I do web-page creation using vi, too...  *shrug*

Agree totally.. elVIs rocks! :)
I used 2 months [plus some debugging which is not done yet] to code an
OLE [OnLine Editor] Menu driven...  But in the long run its still much
easier to use a simple text editor.. As soon you kno wthe format, you
can write down a mob/obj/world/zone file in no time. [Without typo check
ofcoz :) ]   OLC/OLE on MUDs are basically only useful for fixing stats
on mobs and objs, plus exits on rooms and other small stuff...

---
Erik Niese-Petersen
Aka Quint The typo God
Realms of Darkness IMP [matrix.xiii.com 6666. Playertesting]