Re: [Circle] DOUBT (QUESTION): Meters in prompts

From: bub (bub@agis.ag.net)
Date: 07/27/96

Acually, the vertical bars wouldn't be that hard to implement.

Just put in the sprintf() where you output the rest of the stuff on that
line or whatever a %c, and put in a ? : for the arg where it outputs ' '
(space) if it is lower that the current line, and a '*' or whatever you
use if it's equal to or higher. i.e.
sprintf(buf, "stuff stuff and more stuff %c", lengthofbar <= x ? '*' : ' ');

where you would replace x with the actuall line number in the code. You
could use a macro to make typing smaller =>

you could also use the curses(i think) or ansi cursor controls, but that
is terminal-emulation dependant (meaning some players might not get the
expected output)

Hope that helped

The MAD Coder of ?able Sanity,      cslab.cc.cc.ca.us 4000
Bub