Re: [Circle] void value not ignored as it ought to be :P

From: Ric Klaren (j.klaren@student.utwente.nl)
Date: 07/29/96

Hoi,

The error code "void value not ignored as it ought to be" happens when you
got a function declared like this

void void_func( ... )
{ .. }

and you try to do something like:

int i = void_func( ... );

Now to the code...

On Sun, 28 Jul 1996 goamkows@kirk.geog.sc.edu wrote:

>         if (mag_savingthrow(i, SAVING_BREATH, modifier)) {
>             sprintf(buf, "%s is unaffected by the fear!\r\n", GET_NAME(i));

a) it's GET_NAME - tough that's probably not it
b) so it must be mag_saving_throw - tough in my code it's declared int
too..
c) even more probable somewhere else around there???
d) error in a define?

Hope this is of help. More code might give me a better lead.....

Grtnx GrimReaper

- Ric Klaren - j.klaren@student.utwente.nl - ia_ric@cs.utwente.nl -------------
``Why don't we just invite them to dinner and massacre them all when
they're drunk?''
``You heard the man. There's seven hundred thousand of them.''
``Ah? So it'd have to be something simple with pasta, then.''
From: Interesting Times by Terry Pratchet