[Circle] Line vs Char mode

From: Mark McArthey (mcarthey@mfa.com)
Date: 07/30/96

Hi all,

A while ago someone had mentioned that they saw a site using vi
for a mud-mail editor?  I am looking for a technical answer from
someone who knows how this could be accomplished and possible problems
surrounding it.  If telnet is in line mode, this shouldn't be possible
to use something like vi, which requires a lot of input on a character
by character basis.  Telnet could be changed to a character mode for
this purpose, but then I am wondering what problems this might cause
with streaming output.  Are there any concerns with this?

Thanks much!

 Mark McArthey          `  _ ,  '
 mcarthey@execpc.com   -  (o)o)  -