Re: [Circle] Bits and EXP losses

From: Melen (melen@melen.acmenet.net)
Date: 07/31/96

Uh, thanks I think. I don't rely on everyone else for my answers tho,
matter of fact I RARELY ask questions. I help 10 times more then I ask. I
suppose you've NEVER had to ask someone a question?

Anyways, since I 'rely on everyone else' you probably will want to
'ignore' the rest of this post.

I have some things that I'm thinking of making available that I use in my
MUD. If there's interest I will put it on the ftp sites.

1) Recall skill. Everyone on my mud receives a recall skill that allows
them to be teleported back to the mortal start room. I also added a
NORECALL room flag and made it so you can't recall during battle, etc...

2) Morgue. Basically when a player dies on my mud, their corpse goes to
the morgue instead of being dropped where they died. As an addition
(because I do NOT allow player corpse thieving on Allanthya), I also
coded it so that another player couldn't steal items from your corpse or
steal your corpse itself! heh

3) I've also created some more item types: Herbs (when eaten, casts up to
3 spells. I have red herbs that you eat to heal, blue for mana heal,
etc..), Orbs (basically like staffs, I just wanted a different message
when theywere used n stuff), Teleporters (v0 becomes the room vnum to
teleport to. You 'hold object' and 'use object' to be teleported). A
waterbreathing type (like to make a snorkel, so if it's worn the player
can breath underwater) and finally a flight item type (I made wings so
player could fly;)

4) regenerate mana spell. Heals mana. Not meant to be a castable spell,
but I primarily use it for blue herbs and the healer.

Thats a few things I have laying around. Email me if you're interested in
any of it.

Melen
Allanthya Mud
mad.eshores.com port 4000