Re: [Circle](newbie) Combat crash bug

From: WarRat (warrat@erinet.com)
Date: 07/31/96

At 04:14 AM 7/31/96 -0500, you wrote:
>> I've been coming across an intermidant crash bug in the combat system for a
>> while now, I've gotten it narrowed down to one circumtance but cannot find a
>> solution.
>> Basically, whenever the mob you're fighting goes below 0 hp but is not dead
>> yet, the mud crashes.
>> I have enabled multi attacks, but included the code to make sure you are
>> still fighting before doing the hit, I have also put in a mob condition to
>> the prompt similar to that in Stroms Lostlands code, but the bug predates
>> the addition of the prompt code so I do not believe it is the cause.
>> Has anyone else encountered this, or knows of it; if so, how is it fixed?
>> Thanks for any help.
>
>  Okay, I have seen a bug similiar to one you are describing when the
>die() function was being called more than once on the same target, check
>to see if that is the case, you might be calling it in the update
>position function as well as in damage.
>
> -josh

Thanks for the response, but not it.  The die() function was only in
damage().  I looked through it to see if maybe I had put in a loop
somewhere...nope.

  ^"^'^"^"^'^"^'^"^"^"#
                            #  \O/
10,000 lemmings#    |
can't all be wrong#   / \
                            #  .. .     warrat@erinet.com
                            #  . . .
                            # #..# .

       Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones
       against the stones.
                                  Psalms 137:9