Re: [Circle] DUAL WIELD

From: John C. Dodds (zzan@dbeach.com)
Date: 08/02/96

Leonard Burns IV wrote:

> I'm having a hard time trying to think of a way to implement a dual
> wield system, I was going to try to add it as an addition eq position,
> but then I'd have to add a bitvector on every item so that it could be
> wielded on the second hand, but there has to be any easier way to do it,
> like race or class dependent, but I'm not sure how, any ideas?
> --
> Leonard Burns IV
> lburns@continet.com

Umm,

Why would you need to have another bitvector, why not just use the one
that is already there ITEM_WIELD
and in the function do_wield check to see if a weapon is already wielded
if so then check to see if char has
a free hand -ie. not using a shield or holding something else-, also
check to see if char has dual wield
skill, and check to see if second weapons weight is less than the first
one, if so then wield it, if
not then send a message telling them why.
you will have to add a new position though such as secondary.

Anyhow that is how I would do it.

Hope this helps

John