Re: [Circle] Memory problem ?

From: JT Rhone (ujtr@lady.cs.sunyit.edu)
Date: 08/13/96

On Mon, 12 Aug 1996, Hades wrote:

> > There is a program called dmalloc that does about the same. It can
> > tell you where memory was allocated that wasn't freed after the
> > program was shutdown (source file and line number). It's fairly easy
> > to trace large leaks this way.
> >
> In the INSTALL file it says to link the dmalloc library to my program, but
> gives no instructions on how to do this. Anyone out there offer a little
> advice?

PLEASE :) somebody who has successfully linked this library into your mud
give some insight on how to do so.  I've been fiddling with it for about
4 or 5 hours now to no avail, but it seems as if it's exactly the thing I
am looking for.

btw, merely including dmalloc.h into yer source files does nothing as the
documentation would lead one to believe...

jtrhone