Re: [Circle] Error in IDnum mob field?

From: Casper Lund (ncl@mailhost.net)
Date: 08/15/96

On Wed, 14 Aug 1996 12:29:45 -0500 (CDT), you wrote:

>> As I understand it, the IDnum is supposed to be an unique identifier
>> of the mob, but on my mud the IDnum field of all mobs is set to 0.
>> I've never noticed it before, so I don't know if it's been that all
>> the time.
>>
>> Can anyone help me out a bit?
>
>yeah, mobs don't have idnum's, only pc's do.

Uh, that was a bad one... I've made my mobs "look" like PC's to other
mobs, eg. they will aggro on them (to a certain degree), remember
them, hunt them etc. but I need an unique identifier to identify the
victim. Should I assign idnum's to NPCs as well as PCs or is there a
better way to do it?

--
Casper Lund
.ncl@mailhost.net