Re: [Circle] Re: English

From: Argus (argus@argy.com)
Date: 08/19/96

> Date:          Mon, 19 Aug 1996 15:42:55 -0500
> >>Ouch.  Took me two tries to read all the 'net geek shortforms' in this
> >>letter.  Ow.  Can we at least try to use the Queen's English?  ie 'you'
> >>rather than 'u', 'anyways' rather than 'neways', 'and' rather than 'n',
> >>and so forth? (=
> >>
> >>On a side note... the List FAQ has been updated slightly... there is
> >>now a new header tag 'RP', and since everyone is using them and so
> >>forth, I expect that it'll be used.  No? (=
> >>
> >>--
> >I agree about the English. People, as least have the decency to write legible
> >messages. I can deal with typos, but using wot for what and ne1 for anyone,
> >sheesh. In your mind that is easy to understand because you are thinking it,
> >but someone who is scanning through 75 pieces of mail everyday probably won't
> >even take the time to finish reading it. I know I am guilty of shortforms, but
> >obvious stuff such as char, imp, cuz, etc..

You people all make me sick.  ACK! PUKE!  Some of the people on this
mailing list don't know English as a primary language and you are
assuming the person who originally posted this message know english
as the rest of you children.  That is EXACTLY what you are acting
like.  I don't know what country any of you are from, nor do I care.
But with comments like that you are a disgrace and a discredit to
your respective nations.  Assuming that everyone should speak your
language and write it as well is a horrifing thought.  And then you
degrade these people for it?  I bet you are the type of people that
if you saw someone of a different race, religion or anything else you
would bad mouth them.  Disgusting little Hitlers... :(

To all of you that are not English speaking and would like to post on
this mailing list I, for one would encourage you to do so.

And on behalf of the American population, which I served so proudly
in our Armed Forces to keep the rights of those we serve, I
appologise for some of the ignorance.

Didn't your parents teach you, "If you can't say anythnig nice, don't
say anything at all?" and if Ignorance is bliss, you must be in
heaven.
-Peace
Argus

http://www.argy.com