[Circle] [Idea] tn3270

From: Corey Hoitsma (choitsma@netcom.com)
Date: 08/20/96

hello all.. I have these REALLY wacky idea.

First off, it'd be really cool to put the 3270 codes for the mud, and the
normal telnet ones.. first off.. what is 3270?

3270 is a terminal type, which goes 10x faster than normal telnet codes
go. That would reduce lag a ton. Most places that you would use the
command 'tn3270' (like telnet) allow telnet access too... so if someone
doesn't have tn3270, and only had telnet they could still get in, but
ppl WITH tn3270 could get in, and twice as fast. This would be cool, as
a stock thing for Circle, then maybe into Rom and MERC, the mud
clients such as Tintin++ and Zmud and Gmud could be updated (maybe a patch)
and you could have an option to have 3270 emulation or not. Problem is, I
don't know how much coding this would take on the part of Jeremy and the
makers of these clients. Hehe, I don't even know the codes for it, or I might
screw around with it and see if I can get it to work on a stock mud.

anyone know where I can get these codes?

Jeremy, where would I PUT these codes to get them to work?

Thanks for listening to my wacky idea!

Corey Hoitsma                   AKA -= Myrddin =-
             choitsma@netcom.com
Tazmania			dragonlance.cei.net 7000