Re: [Circle] Platforms

From: Ron Hensley (ron@cross.dmv.com)
Date: 08/20/96

> > So could anyone tell me where I could get a copy of Linux.
> Sunsite.  Go to Yahoo and do a search on Linux.  *grin*

FTP to:
  sunsite.unc.edu
  cd /pub/Linux/distributions/slackware
  get the various README, FAQ,  and INSTALL files
  get your rootdisks and bootdisks from appropriate sub dirs
  get gzip.exe and rawrite.exe from install dir if needed
  cd to slakware  (yes this is another slackware deep)
  i.e.:
    /pub/Linux/distributions/slackware/slakware
  get all the disk sets you want, either downloading to seperate floppies
  or at least to seperate directories.

  The install and readme and faq files all explain all this

  And if you dont like pain, instead, just buy one of the fine books on
  linux out these days that comes with linux on a CD as well as
  instructions and setup programs. much much easier ......