Re: [SYSTEM] Circle under FreeBSD

From: Niese-Petersen (
Date: 09/09/96

On Mon, 9 Sep 1996, Alex wrote:

> Hi. Someone I know is trying to get Circle 2.20 (I think) to compile under
> FreeBSD of some sort and says it doesn't work. Anyone know the problem?
> Heh, I know it's vague as hell and I should've found out what the errors
> are, but is there any standard "do this and this" to run under FreeBSD?
I have compiled it under FreeBSD for sometime now. Only problem I had was
the crypt .. Had to add -lcrypt to the $LIBS in Makefile ...

Tho.. FreeBSD 2.1.0 got some problems [At least the version our sysop
got :)] .. The MUD can crash every 5 min. and then stay up for 5 days in
a row, without problems..  Hope you got the new version FreeBSD 2.1.5,
which should be stable.. [Our sysop is going to install it this weekend..

Erik Niese-Petersen
Aka Quint The typo God
Realms of Darkness IMP [ 6666. Playertesting]