Re: Mobs gossiping?

From: Skylar (
Date: 09/11/96

On Tue, 10 Sep 1996, Sliver wrote:

> Is there any way to get mobiles to gossip?
> I've tried the do_gen_comm() and so on, and you can't even force
> them to gossip.
> Any suggestions?

In do_gen_comm, there is a check like this:

if (!ch->desc)

Take that out... mobs dont have descriptors... this will give mobs the
possibility to shout/gossip/etc... there is still a small problem where
mobs share a slot with players... PLR_ flags are in the same place as the
MOB_ flags, so say a MOB_AGGR_EVIL will be PLR_NOSHOUT and be unable to
shout I believe... you're on your own with that one though :)