[Newbie] Casting, but not

From: Mark McArthey (mcarthey@mfa.com)
Date: 09/13/96

Hey all,

It's been a while since I've looked at the magic system (or any
of the code for that matter), and I'm sitting at work with no
current access to it.  (I have to say that just to make myself
feel less like an idiot - I don't think it's working though) :)
Anyways..
If I want to cast a spell without actually casting a spell, which
function would be involved with this?
For example, I just want to have a mage type a command that would
run through the process of casting (success, mana expenditure, etc),
but not actually perform the action that the spell normally would.

Thanks for indulging,

 Mark McArthey          `  _ ,  '
 mcarthey@execpc.com   -  (o)o)  -