Modifications...

From: Primacy (jmrobins@wired.uvm.edu)
Date: 09/15/96

Hello all,
   I just finished modifing CircleMud 3.0bpl09 so that the experience
system and the spell/skill system works differently.

Normally in the class.c file you have a HUGE listing (I have 105 levels
and 4 classes, and 15 races) classes*levels, of experience/title
information.  I edited this so it now uses: classes*races of just
experience information.  For example:
       Barbarian Class
              Human Race ---->  150000
              Dwarven Race -->  175000
              etc.
       Surgeon Class
              etc.

Then to generate the experience needed, I use a formula (VERY BASIC at
the moment) of: BASE_EXPERIENCE * LEVEL

---------

Spell/Skill System
  I removed the check for seeing if a paticular spell/skill is within
your class or not.  And modified the code slightly so that if your
proficency with a skill/spell is > 0 it will display in your practice
list, and let you use it.  This seems to add to flexibility, for wanting
to let races have skills/spells, and any other weird modifications you
may want to do.

My question is----->  what will this do to my mud :)
   As far as I can tell - there have been no side effects, but I was
wondering if anyone had any comments, suggestions, or ideas on this.

Justin - Primacy
ruin@wired.uvm.edu
Ruin! Mud
http://www.ruin.org/