[code]

From: Bode, Wyatt J (BODE@mail.juniata.edu)
Date: 09/17/96

I have a problem with the MUD in general that has been plaguing me for
quite a while.  Sometimes when I add in custom code to the MUD, it
compiles and links fine, but I get a runtime error at boot such as this:

Mon Sep 16 18:48:46 :: Sorting command list and spells.

Mon Sep 16 18:48:47 :: Booting mail system.

Mon Sep 16 18:48:47 ::    200 bytes read.

Mon Sep 16 18:48:47 ::    Mail file read -- 1 messages.

Mon Sep 16 18:48:47 :: Reading banned site and invalid-name list.

Mon Sep 16 18:48:47 :: Deleting timed-out crash and rent files:

Mon Sep 16 18:48:47 :: Done.

Mon Sep 16 18:48:47 :: Resetting (null) (rooms 0-0).

autorun: 840 Memory fault - core dumped

This exact thing happens regardless of what the new code actually does
(for example, The current problem involves the do_brew() skill I got
from the mailing list).
I add stuff, it works fine, but then I add three more lines (in this
case, an additional spell to use), and it does the above.
I posted this problem a while back, and the responses I got were mostly
of the type:
	"Check your code for null pointers", "Remove the changed code and try
again", etc.
I stress the fact that the code is nowhere near the booting functions,
and hope that someone can provide a solution.  Here is my current
configuration:
	Machine:  Sun running SunOS version 4.1.1
	MUD:  Circle3bpl10 (tried upgrading to 11, but it didn't work)
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!  I have tried everything I
could think of, and nothing fixes the #$%^&* thing!
				GreyStar
				aka Wyatt Bode