Re: [ERRORS] Changing to sunOS Probelms

From: Richard McKay (rmckay@execpc.com)
Date: 09/21/96

At 08:46 PM 9/20/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Okay,

>I have only been coding within Linux so I now find myself
>in uncharted lands. I tried to move my mud to SunOS ver 5.4
>tonight. I uploaded a stock copy of circle to start with and ran
>configure and then make all.
>
>Mucho Errors.
>
>Here is some of the errors:
>
>usr/include/sys/uio.h:13: warning: Header file /opt/gnu/lib/gcc-lib
>/sparc-sun-solaris2/2.5.6/include/sys/feature_tests.h exists, but is
>not readable
>
>/usr/include/sys/uio.h:19: warning: Header file /opt/gnu/lib/gcc-lib\
>/sparc-sun-solaris2/2.5.6/include/sys/types.h exists, but is not readable

--------------------------------------------------------|
Make sure your libraries are readable by the UID or GID of those who need to
compile the mud code.  These appear to be permission problems.  Typically
they would be a chmod 644 on the lib files, with the root as owner.  This
would make the file:

        -rw-r--r-- somefile.lib         22456

The directory where GCC is at must be 755 for compilation.

That is the breif of it.  Don't feel like being verbose this evening.  I'm
sure one of ya will let me know if I forgot something.  ;)

Later,
Richard W. McKay - rmckay@execpc.com
**** SYSTEM FAILURE!
cpu panic
Segmentaion fault (core dumped)
Dumping 15985 pages to disk at offset 0x2fff
Automatic reboot in progess...