Re: [CODE] Use UNIX database gdbm/ndbm/dbm for player&

From: Project Leader McCoy (icarus@berkshire.net)
Date: 09/21/96

On Sat, 21 Sep 1996, JARED MCDONALD wrote:

[stuff about using gdbm for playerfiles]

> thats fine but what about all the people on wintel machines, on os2
> on anything else they are trying to run it on.  Doing something like
> that would really tie us to a platform.

No it wouldn't.  emx/gcc comes with a port of gdbm.  I'm pretty sure Win32
gcc does the same.  Doesn't seem like we're being tied anywhere except to
gcc, does it?

                          "The human brain is like an enormous fish --
   icarus@berkshire.net    it is flat and slimy and has gills through
                           which is can see." - Monty Python