Re: [IDEAS] DEATH !!!!

From: George (gagreer@dragon.ham.muohio.edu)
Date: 09/24/96

On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Rasmus 'Con' Ronlev wrote:

> On Tue, 24 Sep 1996, Mike Prior wrote:
>
> > I would like to change my death code, instead of dying and leaving the
> > corpse there, I would like to do something different.  What I would like
> > to encourage is that every person on the list come up with a different
> > method of dying and making a corpse!
>
> First off, I don't think, so this post should be taken for what it is,
> unthoughtfull stuff *grin* Here's an idea (wouldn't imp it myself though
> :)
>
>    Player killed will loose the corpse, and all eq will be randomly junked
>    and donated into, lets say 5-10 places. Would remove eq from the game,
>    and have people run arround like crazy all the time getting their eq,
>    or at least, whats left of it back.

Here's a really odd idea I thought of, might imp it myself if I get really
nasty ;)  Everytime a person dies, they go through the normal death menu
sequence, but their ex-body becomes an undead mob, wearing their eq, and
hunting the new mortal pc down, like a bad horror movie :) Being eq-less
and near death when you come back, a fully equipped, healthy undead mob
hunting you down would add a little spice, and of course, if you can get
some friends to take the thing down, you might even want to write a special
procedure so that it will energy drain anyone that is not it's former host,
or simply make it immune to attacks from anyone but the old person.

-George