Re: [Fwd: [OFF-TOPIC]]

From: Roscinante (rosc@fbn.globalent.net)
Date: 09/29/96

Someone wanna remove mr. kettle black from the list too? =p

On Sat, 28 Sep 1996, Melen wrote:
> Date: Sat, 28 Sep 1996 18:11:58 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Melen <melen@melen.acmenet.net>
> To: jubjub <jubjub@cjnetworks.com>, jubjub <jubjub@cjnetworks.com>
> Cc: circle@cspo.queensu.ca, circle@cspo.queesu.ca
> Subject: Re:  [Fwd: [OFF-TOPIC]]
>
> In a sentence: TOUGH SHIT.
> Efnet channels aren't owned and I didn't take it from anyone. There was
> *NOONE* in there. And I can advertise my mud if I damn well want. Now,
> you listen to me you little shit... If you attack my mud again, I WILL
> have the admins at eshores.com contact your ISP. I will not tolerate your
> SLANDER for no reason.
>
> I would highly advise removing this moron from this list. We don't need
> this kind of useless slander.
>
> Also, for the record. I don't restrict anyone from talking in #mud.
> People just usually don't.
>
> Melen
>
> On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, jubjub wrote:
>
> > Hey all:
> >    I'm not sure how many of you irc, but if you have, you've probably
> > noticed that #mud is no longer a chat channel intended only for chat.
> > It is now a place to harbor advertisements and other propaganda for a
> > mud at mad.eshores.com:4000.  I personally am very unhappy that a person
> > would take a channel that had long been used for coding help and other
> > general mud talking, and turn it into his own personal advertisement.
> > If anyone feels that same way as me, please send me an email, because
> > #mud used to be a great institution for players and coders alike, and
> > now it has been messed up by one who wishes to advertise his CircleMUD
> > at the cost of all of our enjoyment and learing through #mud.
> > 						Jubjub

~~
All that is gold does not glitter..                       .
Not all those who wander are lost..J.R.R.T.         .     /\     .
And the knowledge that they fear                 . \\    Rush    // .
is a weapon to be held against them.. N.P.       .   \\  2112  //   .