Re: Multiple Attacks

From: The Arrow (pt94jpi@student.hk-r.se)
Date: 10/08/96

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Admin of The Keep wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Oct 1996 the.count@kirk.geog.sc.edu wrote:

> > if (!(pulse % PULSE_VIOLENCE))
> > 	perform_violence(1);
> > 	perform_violence(2);
> > 	perform_violence(3);

>     #define ATTACKS_PER_ROUND(ch)  \
> 	    ((number(1, 101) <= GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_HIT_TWO)) + \
> 	     (number(1, 101) <= GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_HIT_THREE)) + \
> 	     (number(1, 101) <= GET_SKILL(ch, SKILL_HIT_FOUR)))
>
>     int x; /* put this in perform_violence() at the top */
>
>     for (x = 0; x <= ATTACKS_PER_ROUND(ch) && FIGHTING(ch); x++)
>       hit(ch, FIGHTING(ch), TYPE_UNDEFINED);

If you compare these two methods, the first one will let all chars have
their (pssible) first attack, then goes through the list again, letting
all have their (possible) second attack, and so on. I.e. all the possible
attacks will get mixed.

The second method will let one char have all its possible attacks done,
before the opponent gets his attacks, i.e. each char can easily spot his
own attacks.

It is of course a matter of personal preference on how to have it.
I have it the first way, and have all chars have their attacks mixed.

/ Joachim

  The Arrow

  Joachim Pileborg       Email: pt94jpi@student.hk-r.se
  Svarvarevägen 5