RE: NEWBIE = OasisOLC

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/09/96

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Gary Barnett wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 08, 1996 1:38 PM, Admin of The Keep[SMTP:dkoepke@california.com] wrote:

> >  Uhhm, I don't think Oasis nor Obuild support this; although I can't
> >  imagine why...   It'd of cours be a one-thousand times easier to
> >  implement something like that with dynamic allocation, but... :)
>
> One easy way might be to  add a flag to a room 'IS_DELETED' then have a
> check in redit_save_to_disk to skip rooms with the flag.
>
> Of course you'd need to do a 'show errors' after the reboot to see what room
> exits were affected..

  That's an easy way of not writing them, but the whole purpose of OLC
  is to be able to have the MUD running while you channge the world and
  not need to reboot.  Not writing out the rooms wouldn't delete them
  until the next reboot...  Nothing major though if you just set them as
  deleted and then pretend they're not there... :)

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."