Re: Weapon skill questions

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/10/96

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Jess Likens wrote:

> At 10:46 AM 10/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
> >I would like to add weapon skils for all chracters in my MUD, such as
> >slashing, piercing, bludgeoning and unarmed. Also, these skills should
> >get better with use (in combat) but I am having problems getting started
> >with what I need to be pointing at. (I guess)
> >Thanks.
> >
> >--Ziz, NetShamen
>
> I have been trying to implement this as well and am having similar
> difficulties.  If anyone has any code for this that they would be willing to
> share with the list, please do so.  Thanks a lot.

  Ehm, it takes about five minutes to write the code if you know what
  you're doing.  It's extremely simplistic if you have even a fledling's
  knowledge in C and some idea of where things are in CircleMUD.

  To add weapon proficencies...:
    [a] In spells.h add the defines for each type of weapon skill
    [b] In spell_parser.c add the names for each new skill and put
        the skillo()'s at the bottom of the file.
    [c] In class.c assign the skills to classes/levels.
    [d] In fight.c add a random check to increase the percentage of
        the weapon with fighting (I did so when they kill the person,
        at if (number(1, 3500) <= GET_SKILL(ch, OBJ_VALUE(wpn, 0))) and
        per hit at if (number(1, 7000) <= GET_SKILL(ch, OBJ_VALUE(wpn,
	0))))
    [e] Use the weapon's value 0 to hold the skill it requires

  After you have weapon proficencies installed like so, you can begin
  to fool with the advancements they give players and beautify them
  somewhat (eg., giving chance of critical hit at 100%, increased dam,
  increased chance of hit, harder to disarm, etc.)

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."