Re: [ADMIN] Thanksgiving...

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/11/96

On Fri, 11 Oct 1996, Alex wrote:

> > Thanksgiving where?? and why dont I have the day off??
> >
> Here.  In the real country to your north. (=

  Canada's a real country?  And all this time I thought it was just a
  bigger, more Americanized France... <poke> :)

> > Dont you mean colombus day? ;)
> >
> Nope, obviously someone here thought that columbus was an unmitigated ass.
> *blink* (=

  Actually, everyone knows Columbus was an ass, but in the US, everyone
  else is an ass, too, and Columbus is the lesser of the two evils. :)
  Which would explain why Columbus is worshipped in Los Angeles... not
  a single person there is nice, they cut you off the freeway when you're
  already going 70, then flip you off like you did something wrong, and
  then you see yourself represented in a B movie 3 days later when they
  completed their script... (because everyone in Los Angeles is writing,
  directing, acting, or modeling)  And those are just the police officers!

> > Or are things different in Canada?
> >
> Just better. (=

  Canada is a bunch of French people that wanted to live closer to America
  so they can beat us in ice hockey (although we decided to invent roller
  hockey so we can beat you :))