Re: [Newbie] [Code]

From: Admin of The Keep (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 10/14/96

On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Allen Miles wrote:

> Hi there, I suppose I would be considered a newbie programmer.  I have a
> few questions:
>
> 1.  I have made a Paladin class and am working on Anti-Paladin's and
> Bard's.  My question is: how can I make it so that if a Paladin is not
> of good align, he/she loses the ability to cast spells and use skills?

  In do_cast put in:
    if ((GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_PALADIN || GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_BARD) &&
        !IS_GOOD(ch)) {
      send_to_char("You can't cast spells when you've turned your back on your religion.\r\n", ch);
      return;
    }

    if (GET_CLASS(ch) == CLASS_ANTI_PALADIN && !IS_EVIL(ch)) {
      send_to_char("Anti-paladins can onl y cast spells if they are evil!\r\n", ch);
      return;
    }

  You'll also have to put this in the skills you want.  It might be better
  to make this into a function and return TRUE/FALSE depending on whether
  or not they can cast the spells/use the skills.

> 3.  I also have implamented races but i cannot get classes to be race
> restricted.  I have looked at two people's codes and mine looks similar
> but it doesn't work.

  Oh, jeez... <looks at Nashak>

  <*=-+Daniel+-=*>
  "Forgive me father, for I am sin."