Re: [CODE] Okay, I'm actually stuck this time.. :>

From: Daniel (itech2@sonnet.com)
Date: 10/17/96

HAD THIS PROBLEM ABOUT A WEEK AGO.....He goes nothing.....

On Wed, 16 Oct 1996, Steve Reeves wrote:

>  case CON_QRACE:
>     if ((GET_RACE(d->character) = parse_race(*arg)) == CLASS_UNDEFINED) {
>       SEND_TO_Q("\r\nThat's not a race.\r\nRace: ", d);
>       return;
>     }
>
>     if (d->pos < 0)
         ^^^^^^^
>       d->pos = create_entry(GET_NAME(d->character));
        ^^^^^^

these entries are incorrect, you have to change them due to them no
longer existing in bpl11...change it to this:

if (GET_PFILEPOS(d->character) <0)
      GET_PFILEPOS(d->character) = create_entry(GET_NAME(d->character));

I ran into the same problem but solved it when I reviewed the previous
code and realized what the error referred to; however, it would have
probably taken me an hour less to fix it had I asked like you did.

I JUST finished implementing the race code using bpl11 and the race.doc
so if you have anymore questions..I'll be glad to answer them....we'll
compare notes.