Ownership?

From: M.A.Clubine (maclubin@adala.smith.cis.syr.edu)
Date: 10/22/96

I used to play on a mud that had 2 "owners" and after an argument between
them, which I dont even remember what was about, they each wanted to go
their seperate ways.  Well 1 tried to sue the other for "ownership" etc
etc, so the server simply deleted all the files.

It was at this time that I thought it was a good idea to come up with a
submissions policy for the mud I had begun a few months earlier.  In
short the submissions policy states that any work put into the mud,
including the mud is owned by myself.  Now that might seem a little
harsh, but there is more.  It also states that for any reason you may
request a copy of your work, and if the work is significant, you will be
displayed in the credits file.  You can also request your work be
removed from the mud.  I dont claim to have created everything
we are using, nor do I claim to have created the entire mud.  "Ownership"
is simply a technicality.  The mud is made up of all the countless hours
that everyone has put into it.  It belongs to the players, and the
administration who run it ...  You get the idea.

Monroe
Eternal

http://borogove.syr.edu/

                         .-.
                       .'   `.
                       :g g   :
 Happy Halloween!      : o    `.		M.A.Clubine
                      :         ``.		maclubin@syr.edu
                     :             `.		http://borogove.syr.edu/
                     jgs    `.              `.     .