Re: Political bullshit

From: Andrew Jones (mch@gladstone.uoregon.edu)
Date: 10/22/96

Ed Beheler wrote:

> I beseech you fellow mud implementors to supply your input on the following
> question:
>
> What specifically makes a particular person the owner of
> a particular MUD?
>
> I look forward to your opinions.
>
> Ed Beheler

Okie I am an Imp and currently not one of the Owners, although I do have
a very broad power(ie I can make decisions that even the Owners folow)
and I am not affraid to tell the owners that some idea of theres I don't
like.  Secondly I believe the "owners" of the mud are all the top level
people involved in the code process.  So on our mud it would be owned by
at leat 4 people, and if we decided to part ways each one of us would
take a copy of the code.  But it is almost always different depending on
the mud.  Also I tend to disagree about the area thing, it is my
phiolosphy that the people who "build" the area is the owner as well as
the mud's owners own the area. Ie a joint ownership, where if either one
wants to part ways then each is entitled to the area files.  just my 2
cents.

| Andrew Jones             Computer and Information Science Major   |
| E-Mail:                                                           |
|      Gladstone:               mch@gladstone.uoregon.edu           |
|      Other:                   mch@thantos.mudservices.com         |