My fun little bug.

jmlemke@icaen.uiowa.edu
Date: 10/24/96

causing the mud not to shut down the port correctly... One of my imms
made a teleport wand... Kinda interesting but it likes to crash the
game.. =) Anyway, here goes the code for my teleport spell:

ASPELL(spell_teleport)
{
  if(ch->riding) {
    send_to_char("You have to dismount before teleporting around...", ch);
    return;
  }

  if (ch == NULL || victim == NULL)
    return;

  if (mag_savingthrow(victim, SAVING_SPELL)) {
    send_to_char("They made their save.\r\n", ch);
    return;
   }

  act("$n slowly fades out of existence and is gone.", TRUE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
  act("You slowly bend time and space, and walk through.", FALSE, ch, 0, 0, TO_$
  char_from_room(ch);
  char_to_room(ch, victim->in_room);
  act("$n slowly fades into existence.", TRUE, ch, 0, 0, TO_ROOM);
  look_at_room(ch, 0);
}

and I get the following error codes:
Thu Oct 24 09:40:56 :: SYSERR: Illegal value(s) passed to char_to_room
Thu Oct 24 09:40:56 :: SYSERR: no valid target to act()!
autorun[49]: 1542 Memory fault
Segmentation fault

Which means I am probably screwed up somewhere in that code... I wrote
the code a year ago and it never gave me any problems until this teleport
staff came along... *shrugs*

--Pegasus of OnyxMUD