Re: [Circle] [info] about tfiles_editor.patch

From: Michael Scott (scottm@dns.workcomm.net)
Date: 11/01/96

On Fri, 1 Nov 1996, Ron Hensley wrote:

> Hey Scott.
>
> Well after that post of yours a few days ago, with the few OLC edit
> patches to make, my mud blows up whenever  you do extra descs on objs
>
>     case 2:
>       OLC_MODE(d) = OEDIT_EXTRADESC_DESCRIPTION;
>       SEND_TO_Q("Enter the extra description: (/s saves /h forhelp)\r\n\r\n", d);
>       d->backstr = NULL;
>       if (OLC_OBJ(d)->description) {
>         SEND_TO_Q(OLC_OBJ(d)->description, d);
>         d->backstr = str_dup(OLC_DESC(d)->description);
>       }
>       d->str = &OLC_DESC(d)->description;
>       d->max_str = MAX_MESSAGE_LENGTH;
>       d->mail_to = 0;
>       return;

	Yep, i made a boo boo when i posted this.  After this mail, i got i
went back and looked at the code, and here's the mistake .. hard to
see.. but definately a crash type:

	if (OLC_OBJ(d)->description) {
          SEND_TO_Q(OLC_OBJ(d)->description);

both of the instances where you see OLC_OBJ(d) .. needs to be changed to
a OLC_DESC(d)..
	Sorry.

                      Michael Scott -- "Living in the Eye of the Hurricane."
		      FLAMES/COMMENTS to scottm@workcomm.net