Re: [Circle] [CODE] SIGPIPE, Broken pipe

From: Derek L. Karnes (dkarnes@mystech.com)
Date: 11/05/96

> > Zbynek Vyskovsky wrote:
> > >
> > >  I have problem with Subject. Very often MUD goes down because of SIGPIPE.
> > > I don't know why. Please, help me.
> >

> > What platform are you running on?
>  Linux 1.2.13. I'm running circle under gdb.
You are running circle through gdb... ahh that is the problem, here's
why:
GDB stops the program as soon as a signal is hit.. this is so you can
trace your way through the program stack before the program exits due to
the signal.

However, circle has signal handling routines, which basically say
"Ignore this signal" whenever a signal is hit. So, when your code stops
in gdb, just hit "c" for continue, and your mud should keep running
smoothly - the signal will get handled by circle, and kick back into the
main loop of it's own accord.

-Derek

--
                                    \ | /